Up to £45000 per annum + Benefits
12 months ago
£45,000 + Benefits
We are working with a highly credible industry standards and qualifications body who are looking for a 3rd Line Support Engineer to join their team in Central London, due to an internal promotion.
The 3rd Line Support engineer will provide the expertise and skills required to support, maintain and make planned improvements to the organisation's internal infrastructure to ensure it is reliable, secure and continues to meet the organisation's needs. Working with external vendors and internal resources, the 3rd Line Support Engineer will ensure that IT systems and services meet the organisation's quality standards and conform to best practice.
The 3rd Line Support Engineer will responsible for proactively managing infrastructure projects and service requests, and, where necessary, escalating issues to their line manager
* Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
* Easily recognises system deficiencies and implement effective solutions whilst developing and maintaining installation and configuration procedures.
* Contribute to and maintain system standards and policies.
* Research and recommend innovative technologies or system changes that can deliver improvements in efficiency and where possible identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
* Manage and update the Disaster Recovery plan as required.
* Carry out in-house system testing as required with new systems.
* MCSA/MCSE 2008 - 2012 Qualified or equivalent experience.
* Competent with Microsoft SQL Server, Exchange server to Office 365 administration, architecting and implementation.
* VCP5 (VMware vSphere 5.5 and 6). Clustering, Networking, HA, DR. .
* Good understanding of IPv4 Networking and IPv6. Configuration and routing on Cisco, Watchguard and other vendor hardware.
* Project management experience
* Service management experience
If you are an experienced 3rd Line Support Engineer looking for a new role please apply with your most recent CV
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.