City of London, London
£75000 - £85000 per annum + Competitive Package
about 2 years ago
Opportunity to work with one of the worlds leading software entertainment companies.
As the Agile Program Manager you will be expected to lead, coach and mentor the team to increase the effectiveness of the team as a whole. Your major responsibilities are to facilitate the Agile Release Train (ART) events and processes and assist the teams in delivering value, communication with stakeholders, escalation of impediments, management of risk, and drive relentless improvement.
This role requires deep understanding into both Scaled Agile and more traditional delivery processes (such as Waterfall) - to help guide the train towards a more agile way of working. This role is also responsible for ensuring successful roll out of scaled agile processes.
* Manage and optimize the flow of value through the ART using various tools, such as the Program Kanban and other information radiators
* Establish and communicate the annual calendars for Iterations and Program Increments (PIs)
* Facilitate Big Room and PI Planning readiness by fostering a Continuous Exploration process which drives the synthesis of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Backlogs, and through Pre- and Post-PI Planning meetings
* Facilitate quarterly Big Room (PI) planning events along with Product Management and leadership
* Summarize Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives (the RTE) and publish them for visibility and transparency
* Assist tracking the execution of features and capabilities
* Facilitate periodic synchronization meetings, including the ART sync at the Program Level
* Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
* Help manage risks and dependencies Escalate and track impediments
* Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
* Encourage collaboration between teams and System and Solution Architects/Engineering Work with Product, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
* Improve the flow of value through value streams by improving and assessing the DevOps and Release on Demand competency
* Facilitate System Demos and Solution Demos Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help them improve Foster Communities of Practice and the use of engineering and Built-In Quality practices.
-PRINCE 2 or Similar
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.