£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits
6 months ago
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 basic salary (depending on experience)
Location: Guildford, Surrey
A disruptive start-up within the UK insurance market are looking to further grow their Software Development team. Backed by a global market leader as well as individual investors, this offers an opportunity to join a innovative, creative start-up environment without the risk factor common in the start-up world. Their mission is to revolutionise the Insurance market, using cutting-edge technologies and years of industry knowledge to achieve a brand-new product.
We are seeking an experienced Back-End Developer to work on the development of their back-end services and API's. This role offers the opportunity to work in a Cloud Native environment, with the ability to shape and influence their product offering from day one.
Day-to-day, you will be;
* Developing services with TypeScript (with Node.js) in Lambda
* Automated testing with CI/CD
* Assisting with the design and evolution of their DevOps tooling
* Building their Amazon Web Services environment
* Performance tuning and optimisation
* Continually developing your skillset as required to ensure that the best technologies and methods are used
* Maintaining focus on security
* Working within a truly Agile environment, participating in daily stand-up meetings
* Collaborating with the rest of the development team and business to meet objectives
Key Skills Required;
* Amazon Web Services, in particular AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudFormation
* GraphQL (Apollo)
* Serverless framework
* Data modelling (NoSQL and Relational)
* Experience working within an Agile environment
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work in partnership with both business and technology teams
* Proactive and truly passionate about technology
* Degree level education in Computer Science (or equivalent), or similar experience
If you're interested in learning more about this opportunity, please apply in the first instance with an up-to-date copy of your CV via the link below.
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.