£60000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits and Bonus
4 months ago
Location: Guildford, Surrey
Salary Band: £60,000 - £65,000 basic salary, plus benefits and bonus (Flexible for the right skillset)
A successful start-up organisation with significant backing are now seeking a Back-End Developer to join their growing software development function. Based in Guildford, this individual will be responsible for developing their back-end services and API's.
This is a very unique opportunity to work on a serverless platform to drive a cutting-edge, data-led product.
* Developing services with modern, functional TypeScript (with Node.js) in Lambda
* Automated testing with CI/CD. Design and evolve the DevOps tooling.
* AWS Lambda with Serverless framework
* Developing the AWS cloud environment - they build it, they run it
* Performance tuning and optimisation
* Embracing the right tools for the job
* Be enthusiastic about learning new things to help us go faster and stay lean
* Experiment, test, measure, iterate
* Security focused
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Proven experience as a Back-End Developer in a commercial environment
* AWS Services - AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudFormation
* GraphQL (Apollo), with some REST API endpoints
* Serverless framework (serverless.com)
* Data modelling (NoSQL and Relational - DynamoDB, Postgres RDS)
* Event Driven and Async Patterns
* Domain-driven design/service-oriented architecture/microservices experience very useful
WHAT'S ON OFFER:
* Competitive salary
* 25 days' holiday allowance plus 1 day for your birthday!
* Pension contribution
* Continual investment in your personal development, career progression, equipment and ideas
* Free parking
* Free healthy office snacks
* MacBook Pro working environment
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.