City of London, London
£55000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus + Full Benefits
11 months ago
* Play an advisory role with Clients to understand their business needs and how to translate requirements into an appropriate Data Governance framework.
* Display a strong business presence with the ability to be an effective business liaison.
* Interview both business and technology teams to collect the appropriate information needed to develop deliverables. Be able to document interview results thoroughly.
* Profile and analyze data.
* Demonstrate logical and analytical problem-solving.
* Translate requirements into the appropriate deliverables, e.g. policies, standards, procedures, data definitions, data framework.
* Minimum of 3 years in a Business Analyst / Data Analyst role working within an EDM/BI environment.
* 1+ year(s) experience with aspects of Data Governance, e.g. business glossaries, metadata, data quality management.
* Experience working with business / technical development team / data stewards to clearly document source elements and ensure standardized values, formats, definitions, business rules / algorithms, metadata requirements, and data element relationships.
* Advanced analytical, problem solving, negotiation and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
* Experience with Data Governance tools such as Collibra or Informatica Axon is a plus.
* Experience with Data Catalog tools such as Informatica EDC or Alation is a plus.
* Strong SQL (database querying)
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.