City of London, London
about 1 year ago
You will have a methodical approach to solving difficult problems and will feel comfortable designing projects, managing stakeholders, prioritising flexible workloads and presenting insights to the business.
The role presents an opportunity for you to build on the core skills you already possess, to develop your managerial ability and to simultaneously deliver real value to the business.
The team you are going to manage might be present locally or might be completely in remote location or a mix of both. You would also need to liaison with other Data Science team leads on a regular basis.
* Lead a team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers both locally and remotely to deliver robust data-driven insights
* Work with business leaders and technology managers to achieve this goal
* Use data to drive change and create value throughout the organisation
* Lead the team to design, build and maintain data-insight systems, such as a Risk Analytics system
* Be responsible for building derived attributes that can be used by all other data science team
* Identify, design and lead projects that will bring significant value to the business and take a holistic approach that should aim to maximize the value of digital assets
* Create framework for Data Science team practice
* Experience in managing a team of Data Scientists & Data Engineers delivering insight to the business
* Experience in generating insights from complex data sources
* Experience in building machine learning algorithms and models
* Working knowledge of SQL
* Experience on predictive analytics and/or ML tools such as Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Spark MLlib
* Experience in managing senior stakeholders
* Minimum Degree level education, ideally in STEM subjects.
* Knowledge of the retail financial services sector
* Familiar with big-data technology stack, e.g. Hadoop, Spark, AWS
* Proficient in Python, Java and/or R
* Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization tools
* Experience managing geographically dispersed teams
* Self Motivated, Quick Learner, Focused, Diligent, Responsible, Ready to align self with IG's vision and capable of leading the team from the front
* Masters or PhD level education in Data Science/Data Engineering would be advantageous.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below in the first instance with an up-to-date copy of your CV.
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.