£45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits
about 1 year ago
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000 (depending on experience)
Benefits Package: 25 days' holiday, pension scheme, free parking, dress-down environment etc.
Location: Guildford, Surrey
This exciting opportunity will be working with a disruptive start-up within the Insurance market. With funding from global financial services companies and well-known individuals across the market, this organisation provides a creative, collaborative atmosphere without the risk that comes with most start-up organisations. They are looking to re-shape the insurance market using cutting edge technologies and need another Front End Developer to help them achieve this!
We require an experienced Front End Developer to join their technology team, tasked with building and maintaining their web applications. It is a fantastic opportunity for a proven technologist who wants to be able to shape and influence their product from day one - they work in a very collaborative environment where every voice matters.
* Design the user experience for web applications using React - both for internal and public sites
* Automated testing with CI/CD
* Helping to build their Cloud environment - Amazon Web Services
* Performance tuning and optimisation
* Enthusiasm about learning new technologies and developing new, better products
* Must be Security-focused, this is critical for their users' data
* Participate actively in daily stand-ups, providing ideas, critiques and helping to shape the future
We need candidates with the following skillset;
* Responsive HTML and CSS build (PostCSS, WebPack)
* Performance by design; tuning, optimisation, monitoring
* Security focused
* Understanding of UX
* Email templates
* Integrating with GraphQL (Apollo), with some REST API endpoints
* Proven experience working in Agile or SCRUM environments
* Degree level education in Computer Science (or similar) or equivalent experience
Any skills in the following would be preferred:
* Any exposure to the back end tech stack - Node.js, TypeScript, Python (This role can be transferred into a Full Stack position if you are up for the challenge!)
* Serverless framework
* A desire to learn new technologies, ie Python
If you are interested in this role, please apply with an up-to-date CV via the link below!
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.