City of London, London
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits and Bonus
4 months ago
Salary: £35,000 - £38,000 basic salary, plus benefits
Location: Central London
A specialist organisation in the hospitality space are now seeking an IT and Network Support Engineer to join their growing team. They are a highly dynamic team who require an equally engaged, professional individual to join them and provide support to their growing user base.
As part of the IT department, you will be responsible for providing day-to-day 1st and 2nd line support to internal and external users across the UK, as well as assisting with the delivery of new projects and upgrades when required.
Key technologies which require support include; Windows 7/10, O365, Exchange 2010, Avaya IP, VMWare, Citrix, Audio Visual (AV), Symantec Antivirus, Windows Server 2003 - 2012 etc.
* Provide 1st and 2nd line support to all users
* Escalate issues to third line and third-party support, when required
* Prompt attention to incidents so that they are dealt with in a timely manner or escalated
* Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, printers, etc
* Investigate, diagnose and solve computer software and hardware faults
* Build, manage and maintain appropriate documentation for all systems
* Support the IT team with large-scale project work
* Ensure that all PCs' are up-to-date with the latest security updates and Antivirus signatures
* Deliver small to medium-sized projects as directed by the IT Manager
* Provide desktop, Citrix, AV and telephony support
* Set up and configuring new laptops, desktops, tablets and mobile phones
* Complete internal user moves, including moving and patching telephones
* Ensure licensing for all software purchased is recorded and maintained
* Ensure a high level of customer service and support is provided to all internal and external customers
* Monitor the availability and status of connectivity/infrastructure services and addressing issues where appropriate
* Support in-house AV systems
* CCTV system maintenance and monitoring
* Participate in on call rota as required
* Install wireless APs when required, monitoring wireless activity and performance
* Produce and analyse reports for network availability, bandwidth utilisation with corporate Wi-Fi systems
* Work with suppliers and channel partners to obtain pricing for IT kit and accessories
* At least 2 years experience of providing helpdesk support within a MS Windows Environment.
* Experience building, configuring and deploying PCs, Raspberry Pie and IOS devices
* Experience of helpdesk systems, logging and progressing calls, closure and follow-ups
* Good understanding of networks, topology, LAN and WAN connectivity and protocols
* Multi locational corporate Wi-Fi systems, set up, monitoring and fault-finding including cloud management
* Understanding of TCP/IP stack, IP Addressing, DHCP and DNS as well as basic routing skills
* Network troubleshooting at switch and router level with an understanding of firewall principals
* Ability to converse confidently with Managed Service Providers to explain complex faults for investigation, to be self-assured when dealing with service partners.
* Well presented with good communications and interpersonal skills
* Good attention to detail, enthusiastic and must have a can-do attitude
* Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, prioritising and multi-tasking effectively
* Must be available and able to work extended hours when required
* Must be able to deal directly with clients in a friendly and confident manner, with colleagues and clients at all levels
* Able to travel to any of our venues when required
If you have the above skillset and are interested in this role, please apply in the first instance with an up-to-date copy of your CV.
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.