about 2 months ago
Our client is a City of London-based integrated media and marketing services company that sits at the heart of a community of 220,000 highly-engaged healthcare professionals.
They are looking for a Front-end Web Developer with 1-2 years' experience who is smart, methodical and highly motivated to take on responsibility, make an impact and get their hands dirty.
This is an office-based position with little-to-no remote working (flexible hours though). Please only apply if a daily commute to London is feasible.
* Maintain quality and accuracy of code.
* Take ownership of your code and show pride in your work
* Work closely with the internal Creative team to aid project efficiency
* Report to the Lead Front-end Web Developer
* Have one to two years' experience in web development, resulting in a strong technical understanding of CMS platforms.
* WordPress - a good understanding of the platform, modifying HTML, configuring plugins etc.
* CSS 3 - understanding how to control the layout of the page and its content using CSS
* Working knowledge of MySQL databases/phpMyAdmin
* Cross-browser development and testing experience
* Programming skills and logical and creative approach to problem solving
* Knowledge of best practices, usability and awareness of web standards
* Good understanding of on-page SEO and applying WordPress or plug-ins
* Knowledge of Responsive Design
* Previous experience with Google analytics and tracking code application
* Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
* Creative and innovative thinking, proactive in resolving any issue that may occur
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Effective organization, time management & prioritisation skills
* Ability to manage and work on multiple projects simultaneously
* Absolutely must have a strong work ethic, inquisitive approach to everything and insatiable desire to be part of a growing digital media company and learn more
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.