City of London, London
£25000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits and Bonus
3 months ago
Location: City of London
Salary: £30,000 basic salary plus package
Working for a global FinTech organisation, this role involves creating and enhancing their existing products to further enrich and develop the client experience. This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented graduate with some experience in a Product focused role, excellent communication skills, energy and a proven interest in emerging technologies.
You will build an understanding of their bespoke software product, allowing you to act as a bridge between the technical teams and the business, helping the technical teams make sense of that data on which they work. This individual will enhance products and assist in the development of new ideas based on industry experience, creative thinking and understand of global user base. You must have an interest in data strategy, to understand strengths and weaknesses and drive positive change.
You will work very closely with both business and technical teams, being at the forefront of delivery as well as the driving force behind it.
- Work closely with the IT Business Partner and Technical Manager to define the strategy and roadmap for product
- Drive the delivery of projects and product development
- Use client and internal feedback to continually improve products
- Identify trends and issues and find suitable solutions
- Monitor the competitive landscape to ensure that products are ahead of the competition where possible
- Continually monitor key metrics for live products and projects to assess the success
- Ensure senior management are consulted, and agree to priorities and roadmaps
- Prepare Release notes ahead of changes to their product area
- Fulfil Scrum Product Owner responsibilities for assigned development teams
- Maintain and prioritise product backlog
- Ensure interested stakeholders are invited to relevant demos
- Produce, maintain, and communicate the product roadmap
- Gather and document requirements for new projects/product enhancements
- Manage projects within product area ensuring projects are delivered on-time and on-budget
- Maintain Jira backlog
- Support Business Analysts when necessary in the requirement gathering and analysis phase
- Monitor and process requests from the business, approving or rejecting as appropriate
- Must have at least 2 years commercial experience as a Product Owner/equivalent
- Strong understanding of business priorities and requirements
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required
- Any prior understanding or exposure to big data tools and technologies would be beneficial
- Sound understanding of application development process and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Degree level education, ideally in a STEM subject or similar
If you would like to apply to this role and have the required skills, please apply in the first instance with an up-to-date copy of your CV.
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.