City of London, London
£100000 - £130000 per annum + Benefits and Bonus
about 1 year ago
Salary: Up to £130,000 basic salary plus 12% flexible benefits package and bonus
Location: City of London
This complex, global FinTech organisation are leaders in their market space. They have created a brand new Architecture practice and are seeking a talented Lead Architect who is able to develop and mature the new function. This is compromised of circa 35 architects, including domain leads, solution architects and business architecture.
Reporting to C-Level, your role will focus on developing common strategy, frameworks, standards and principals for the various architecture domains. You will work with the Principal Architects to co-ordinate a forward-looking technology strategy and roadmap, as well as driving learning and development and performance reporting activities.
The right individual for this opportunity will be a thought-leader, communicator and influencer, comfortable leading large teams. With a technical background, you must have an ability to think and act strategically and be able to enable the ongoing delivery of business value.
* Work in partnership with business areas and the technology leadership team to develop a consolidated 3 year rolling roadmap of change initiatives which reflect prevailing business demands and priorities, including evolution from the current to the target state of the IT architecture for areas of accountability.
* Drive the development and ongoing governance of the integrated delivery plans for change initiatives, with particular focus upon ensuring architectural imperatives and dependencies are incorporated and achieved.
* Lead the consolidated technology strategy and business architecture for enterprise capabilities, maintaining an active interest in how other relevant organisations are driving competitive advantage through these.
* Establish and maintain a documented approach to solution architecture and empowered design governance for areas of accountability.
* Define, establish and lead the learning and development strategy, performance and budget management tools and processes and communication practices and candance.
* Provide expertise in business architecture and design governance to change initiatives.
* Responsible for the creation and ongoing development of a clearly defined blueprint of the enterprise to align strategic objectives and tactical demands.
* Define the overarching technology architecture and standards, regularly reviewing the effectiveness and relevance
* Define & lead a formal governance process to assess the merits of different technology options, evaluate strategic vendors selection and approve solutions.
* Inspire, motivate and develop a high performing architecture team, ensuring resourcing, recruitment, training and development needs are identified and met and coaching team members to optimise their skills and performance.
* Work with the Head of Technology to manage and design the right level of resourcing for the function.
* Build an effective and motivational team environment, aligning behaviours, values and performance expectations across the team to deliver exceptional results.
* Demonstrate strong stakeholder management skills and sets strategy to manage stakeholders.
* Support the transition of activities to the new organisational model through visible and proactive leadership.
* Establish and maintain constructive and collaborative business partnering relationships with all business areas and other technology functions.
* Ensure an effective understanding of business direction, strategies and priorities, opportunities and operational challenges.
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Proven experience working in a leadership capacity in a large, complex organisation.
* Experience in an Architecture team in a fast paced, multi-channel customer focused organisations, ideally in the financial and IT industry.
* Strong experience maturing architecture functions through the clear definition and development of technology roadmaps and strategy.
* Experience of helping organisations leverage information and technology to take advantage of the opportunities and overcome the challenges of multi-region, multi-channel, multi-brand digital products and services.
* Demonstrable experience of leading high performing teams.
* Provide clear vision and direction, inspiring and engaging individuals and the team to deliver excellence.
* Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with an ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical personnel.
* Bachelors degree education, ideally in STEM subject or equivalent.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please apply via the link below in the first instance.
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.