City of London, London
£115000 - £120000 per annum + Benefits and Bonus
5 months ago
Location: City of London
Sector: Financial Services / FinTech
Salary: £115,000 - £120,000 basic salary, plus benefits and bonus package
The JM Group are recruiting for a Platform Engineering Manager to join one of our key clients. Based in the City of London, this organisation are a global FinTech organisation with a "start-up" mentality. They are seeking an individual capable of managing several high-frequency, low-latency platforms, ensuring that they are fit for purpose and continually making improvements.
You will be responsible for the engineering of server infrastructure, delivering projects across a multitude of bespoke platforms across the business. This will involve supporting the market data experts in ensuring that the platform is highly available and supporting them in making data-driven decisions.
To be successful in this role, we need candidates who are able to manage a system which is "slow" and enhance it to make it "fast", by exploring bottlenecks within the system and being able to tune them accordingly, whether that be in a disk sub system, the network stack or something in between.
You will also be responsible for leading, mentoring and developing a small team of engineers, in addition to acting as a technical mentor to infrastructure operations and supporting wider teams when necessary.
* 5+ years of Linux administration (RHCE highly desirable)
* Proven ability to troubleshoot kernel level systems problems
* Tuning of systems based on CPU/IO/Memory profiles
* Knowledge of low latency network technologies
* Ability to interpret raw OS data
* Knowledge of HFT/HPC compute platforms
* Experience operating a geographically-dispersed medium to large server estate
* Good understanding of core networking concepts, including TCP, LAN/WAN protocols and datacentre architectures
* Good understanding of configuration management systems
* Experience managing a small team of engineers
If you are interested in the above role, please apply in the first instance with an up-to-date copy of the CV.