City of London, London
£110000 - £130000 per annum + Benefits and bonus
9 months ago
Our client are a Global FMCG organisation and are looking for a world-class Senior DevOps Architect to lead the DevOps function within their IT Consumer team, managing corporate web platforms, global commerce platforms, digital engagement platforms, consumer lifecycle platforms and omnichannel services for B2B and B2C channels.
This will be a stand alone role as part of the leadership team within the group.
The team seeks to be highly customer- and consumer-centric and they are looking for outstanding individuals who enjoy working on large, complex and multi-dimensional problems to help them design and deliver the next phase of their technology operational model. They work in a highly regulated and fast-paced business environment across many geographies, making this a very exciting and interesting role.
The company is going through a massive business transformation and these roles are working front and centre of this change.
Due to COVID-19, this will be remote working initially, with flexibility further down the line when the office completely reopens.
Essential Skills & Experience
* Someone who is still able to be technically hands on and review designs
* Comfortable being a stand alone leader (no direct reports, there are delivery managers to do this)
* Strategic background in the DevOps space
The ideal candidate would possess all/most of the below skills:
* Experience of building, running and improving CI/CD frameworks, tools etc. and industrializing these into day-to-day operations
* Excellent skills and experience in configuration management via Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or others
* Extensive experience of deploying technology solutions across cloud-native platforms. We predominantly use Amazon Web Services, Salesforce Cloud, Adobe Cloud and SAP Hybris Cloud
* Demonstrable experience of integrating and industrializing technology platforms (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) on a global scale reducing operational and process waste
* Demonstrated history in automating operations processes
* Experience with containerisation (preferably Docker, K8s)
* Experience with DNS and Content Distribution Networks (Akamai is highly desirable)
* Experience with implementation of Identity & Access Management (IAM) and Single Sign-On (SSO)
* Deep experience of integrating monitoring and alerting technologies, such as New Relic, CloudWatch and Elasticsearch 7 into the technology stack and driving significant change in the customer experience
* Fluency in one or more high-level programming languages like Java, Python, Go, Ruby or equivalent
* Experience writing automatic tests and adapting a code base for better test-ability
* Experience with microservices architectures
* Strong ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies in a short period of time. We seek a self-starter, visionary person with leadership capabilities
* Demonstrable understanding of security and networking principles in a cloud-native environment
* Has worked within, and can appreciate, the need for applying delivery methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall etc. appropriately to the work being delivered
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.