£70000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits and Bonus
7 months ago
Salary: £70 - £75k plus benefits and bonus
We are working on behalf of a leading client who are seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join their Consulting practice. You will lead the development of a cutting edge platform for current and future customers, to allow fast development and deployment.
You will be responsible for growing a team of likeminded individuals, selecting the appropriate technology stack, as well as implementing a set of consistent and repeatable DevOps processes and tooling ensuring availability, automation in an agile CI/CD delivery both on premise and in the cloud.
You will work closely with key customers, therefore must be able to understand technical customer requirements, adhere to security standards and be able to translate the benefits of certain technologies into business value.
Key Skills Required:
* Confident leading small Engineering teams, developing high level, critical and complex solutions
* Regularly has large, complex designs, incorporating trade-offs from the creative specification, accepted by the meaningful business approval review, without any requirement for design changes.
* Demonstrable understanding of the full SDLC
* Experienced working closely with IT Operations, IT Development and IT Service teams to promote DevOps culture.
* In depth understanding of continuous integration, continuous delivery, software configuration management, version control and release management.
Technical Skills Required
* Linux - either CentOS and CoreOS
* Continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment tooling such as Jenkins/Drone
* Collaboration tooling
* Good knowledge and hands on experience of Database technologies such as Postgres and MariaDB
* Working within Scrum, Agile, Kanban or Lean methodologies
* Good knowledge and hands on experience of Windows and Linux based operating systems
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in the first instance with an up-to-date copy of your CV.