City of London, London
£80000 - £90000 per annum + Working from home, benefits and bonus
8 days ago
Location: City of London
Salary: £80,000 - £90,000 basic salary plus bonus
Benefits Package: Up to 2 days/week working from home, health insurance, pension etc.
Based in London, my client are global leaders within the FinTech market and specialise within the Trading space. A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Technology Risk Manager to join their growing Tech function, tasked with building and developing their Risk support function. They are ideally looking for an individual who has previous experience growing and managing 1st Line teams who are focused on managing operational risk.
* Work in close partnership with our second line to establish the standard practices for managing operational risk in first line
* In line with group policy requirements, create standard procedure and policy documentation for risks and controls
* Develop strong relationships with senior stakeholders across the Technology department, ensuring that standards are embedded within all areas and providing updates when necessary
* Work with individuals at all levels across the IT department to ensure that risk is relevant to everyone, communicating risk clearly and effectively
* Assist in the development of KPI/KRI information for the IT control environment
* Train and advise the 1st line teams on how to stay compliant
* Continually suggest improvements whilst identifying the impact on the business
* Conduct in-depth root cause analysis when necessary
* Prepare monthly Control Review Meeting materials
* Embed risk management into the 1st line
* Experience building or managing 1st or 2nd line teams who are responsible for managing and preventing risk
* Proven experience performing risk assessments and control gap assessments in a large, complex environment
* Minimum 3 years' experience managing operational risk
* Knowledge of risk assessment methodologies and RCSA
* Experience implementing and monitoring first line of defence control frameworks
* Excellent communication skills, with an ability to translate complex regulations and policies into easily understandable language
* Thorough understanding of IT Risk control mechanisms
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience of delivering within a multiple service support team, in a complex business environment
* Experience of dealing with internal and external auditors
* Knowledge of COBIT processes
If you are interested in this role, please apply in the first instance with an up-to-date copy of your CV.
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.