Crawley, West Sussex
£30000 - £44000 per annum
about 1 month ago
The role of a Test Automation engineer is to develop, maintain and execute automated test scripts to support the development of products.
* To review manual test scripts and non-functional requirements and identify scenarios for automation.
* To develop, maintain and execute automated test scripts.
* To identify and document defects when performing test execution and work with the development team to resolve these.
* To ensure that all formal test activities are properly recorded according to the company's quality system.
* To continually develop and improve test methods, tools and techniques, including the test automation framework.
RELEVANT KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
** Interpreting requirements and specifications to identify what is needed and developing structured and comprehensive automated test scripts.
** Creating automated test scripts from scratch and maintaining existing scripts and other test resources.
** Accurately following instructions for test execution.
** Critical thinker with the ability to evaluate, provide constructive criticism and formulate improvement plans.
** Quality conscious, analytical, proactive and flexible.
** Has an innovative and persistent approach to problem solving.
Qualifications and Experience:
** Degree in an engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
** Experience in software and system test automation using at least one standard programming or scripting language.
** Experience of the software development and test lifecycle and the tools used to support them.
** ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing.
** Experience in software development.
** Experience as a manual tester.
** Experience developing automated tests for application software that controls physical hardware and systems.
** Experience with agile methodologies.
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.