A global services provider are now searching for a Head of IT to lead their technical team. Reporting to the IT Director (UK and Northern Europe), this is a unique opportunity to not only lead the IT department, but also define and implement the IT strategy, drive the development teams and support the Ops and Infrastructure teams.
The Head of IT will be managing a team of 25-30 individuals, responsible for the strategy and implementation of the IT services and use of technology across the UK business. To succeed, you must possess strong leadership skills, be able to work across various internal teams and possess excellent communication skills.
* Management the Software Development team and at a later stage the Infrastructure team
* Manage the execution of the IT strategy, working closely with internal stakeholders
* Head up platforms/solutions implementation of your development team and oversee operational support
* Ensure the maintenance and development of infrastructure, supporting the business and overseeing operational support
* Deploy high quality solutions and drive efficiency in support/operational delivery
* Ensure budget objectives are met and deadlines are met
* Planning, prioritisation and resourcing to support project delivery and identify solutions to manage resource conflicts and shortfalls.
* Manage servers, security solutions, network hardware, telephony and equipment
Required Skills and Experience:
* Experience working in multiple hardware and software environments
* Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems, their specifications and security
* Demonstrable software development experience in an Agile environment
* Demonstrable in running infrastructure, network, telephony, hosting centre
* Experience managing, leading and coaching Software Development and Infrastructure teams
* Experience across the following technologies; C#.Net, ASP.Net 2.0 - 4.5, HTML and CSS using Visual Studio 2008/2010, SQL Server 2005/2008/2012, networking, VMware, firewalls, protocols, telephony
* Comfortable leading software and infrastructure projects that include both technical and business stakeholders
* Ability to interpret and identify requirements
* Excellent organisational, multi-tasking, planning and risk management skills and the ability to delegate responsibilities effectively
* Effective, inspirational and collaborative leadership and management style
* Ability to influence and constructively challenge the business
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please apply to this role in the first instance with an up-to-date copy of your CV.
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.