A leading global Insurance provider are now searching for an Application Support Engineer to join their growing London offices. This individual will be tasked with the support, management and development of their business-critical applications.
This is a hybrid position, involving 75% application support and 25% VB.NET/C# development.
You will be responsible for;
* Application support, software installations, upgrades, vendors and applying data fixes, running scripts as required
* Translating business requirements from users into real technical solutions
* Liaising with core vendors to write detailed technical documentation of key applications
* Working alongside key development resource to ensure full support model is in place for key applications
* Updating, repairing and modifying/adapting software code to improve technical and user performance of bespoke applications
* Assisting with the development of application support and change model, structuring road map for delivery against core applications.
* Adhere to financial reporting requirements including monthly phasing of income
Key Skills and Competencies Required;
* Proven experience providing excellent levels of in-house support for business applications, ideally within a Financial Services or Insurance environment
* A knowledge of C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET and SQL Server/Oracle
* Excellent communication skills, with an ability to effectively communicate with both technical and business teams
* Recognising the importance of the customer to the business - anticipating and identifying customer needs and responding appropriate within a changing environment.
* Communicating change issues in a timely fashion, clearly explaining the impact upon key stakeholders and working to create a shared sense of responsibility and involvement in change activities
* Degree level qualification or equivalent
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.