A leading Insurance provider are searching for a driven graduate to join their Business Support function. They are looking for technical/scientific graduates to serve as a first/second line support for their key broking application.
- Provide excellent levels of in-house support for key business applications; ensuring that users are fully satisfied with the levels of service that they are receiving in terms of application service desk items raised.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal business users, other BA team members, and vendors of the application
- Ensure BA service desk items are classified by type (bug, change, etc) and recorded with appropriate details of the issue/request and steps to re-create the problem. Work toward resolving service desk items as quickly as possible
- Escalate BA service desk items, as needed, for more advanced analysis, first with BA members, and potentially with 3rd party vendor of the application
- Confirm with users when BA service desk items are resolved and subsequently close the service desk item with resolution details that in returns builds up the knowledge base for the application that users/IT can reference in the future
- Answer 'How to' questions relating to applications
- As time allows, provide training for staff on applications
- Following training, using the administrative functions of an application, perform application security change requests, configuration change requests received as part of an application service desk item in accordance with internal policies and procedures
- Carry out password resets for Market Systems
- With training, modify output templates that are used by an application, based on a template change requests received as part of an application service desk item
- Assist with and learn database management as required
- Adhere to company and regulatory policies, procedures together with mandatory training requirements
Functional & Behavioural Competencies required:
- IT or Computing degree, or equivalent
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
- Knowledge of Macros/VBA
Experience within an IT function would be advantageous, as would any insurance experience
- Knowledge of SQL would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work under pressure
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.