Financial Services Organisation is hiring for a hands-on Development Team Lead. This is a permanent role to be based in the City. Salary ranges from £75K - £100K depending on experience. You will ideally have Investment Banking experience, and strong technical development skills coupled with commercial acumen. They are ideally looking for extensive experience in Java/J2EE, and ideally possess multi-language skills i.e. C# or C or Python.
You will be responsible for understanding client requirements and organising the development team to deliver solutions through standard practices, incorporating frameworks, development languages and methodologies as agreed through collaboration with and set out by the Technical Architect.
* Establish an architecture framework, best practices and tools; establish architecture, design principles and guidelines.
* Work on the project life cycle from requirements through design, implementation, and support to ensure implementation of appropriate technology at every stage.
* Understand client requirements, current IT infrastructure, application framework, business opportunities and vision to guide the architecture
* Own the architecture and work with Business Analysts, Technical Architects and Development Project Managers in project implementation.
* Serve as a subject matter expert for architectural frameworks, methods and tools.
* Manage a development team to support and maintain existing client implementations.
* Evaluate technologies and determine strengths and weaknesses of technology architecture implementation and suitability.
* Recommend solutions to ensure consistency with the client's business vision.
You will hold a First Class Honours Degree in Engineering or Computer Science and have over 8 years' experience. Furthermore, you will have excellent communication skills, coupled with strong management skills and commercial awareness.
Please apply for this exciting Senior Appointment to progress your career!
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.