Reporting to the Client Services Manager, a leading IT Services provider based in The City of London is looking for a network engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will be client facing and providing both Business As Usual support and Project Support. Out of hours support is expected with a healthy remunerative allowance.
The successful applicant will have a broad range of second and third line skills and have and understanding of design concepts. The role requires excellent customer facing skills and the ability to manage and prioritise personal workloads. A desire to understand technical problems and a possession of good analytic skills is a pre-requisite. From a technology perspective; a thorough knowledge of Microsoft technologies, including messaging is expected. An understanding and demonstrable experience of virtualisation (Hyper-visor agnostic) and key vendor Cloud enablement strategies is an advantage (Google/Azure/AWS).
Summary of Duties
* Perform as a second/third line engineer for remote and on-site fixes
* Design, justify and deploy customer solutions.
* Microsoft technologies, including messaging
* Demonstrable experience of evaluating multiple solutions
* In-depth troubleshooting ability: MS, VMware, SAN, Cloud
* Key vendor design/migration experience (Azure, AWS, Google)
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.