My client is a leading specialty insurance group providing clients with proven smart risk solutions for underwriting and claims. With headquarters in London, and international hubs for Europe, MENA, Latin America and Asia, they protect clients in over 200 countries and territories worldwide.
The Financial Systems Business Analyst role is responsible for supporting development of the Financial Systems of the Finance Department with particular focus on the PeopleSoft General Ledger and other financial reporting systems. The Analyst will manage business requirements, assist in the preparation of detailed technical/functional design documents and assist the business areas with testing efforts.
* Serves as a subject matter expert in business analysis best practices, participating in projects concerning critical functionality
* Participates in and/or leads project planning from requirements through design, development testing, implementation, evaluation and maintenance
* Regularly communicate with stakeholders as part of change control processes to mitigate any changes impacting financial systems, with a view of the end to end process, including the Accounting Rules Engine, PeopleSoft and Reporting Cubes
* Identifies and recommends improvements when appropriate and may advise business partners on options and technical limitations
* Planning, developing and executing routine test/use cases and validating results during all phases of testing
*Systems business analyst work experience
*Finance experience/operational knowledge of accounting processes
*Past experience of working on projects and/or business analyst support
*Experience with financial accounting and reporting software (PeopleSoft (or similar), Data Warehouse and Reporting Cube Tools) Desirable
PERSONAL SKILLS Essential
*Strong sense of accountability and ownership of the work assigned
*Emphasis on quality of the outputs produced
*Time management and ability to meet tight deadlines
*Self-starter, requiring minimum supervision, with the ability to solve problems and find solutions
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.