Product Specialist (Technical Focus)
Locations: Central London
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000
A market leading financial software provider organisation is searching for a Product Specialist to provide technical support and problem investigation for the companies account managers, sales team and other internal clients. Ideal candidates will have experience working on Rational Databases.
* Working in a small team providing primarily technical and some business support for the companies Investment Management System and interfaces, via telephone, e-mail, webex (or similar) and occasionally on-site, for London and European clients
* Liaising with internal Development teams and Relationship Management on bug fixes and enhancements
* Loading/updating Oracle/MS-SQL databases used for problem investigation
* Cross-training and presentations for colleagues
* Defining and documenting internal procedures
* Experience working with Relational Databases: MS SQL Server and/or Oracle (ideal)
* Experience using SQL (MS QueryAnalyzer and/or Oracle SQL*Plus)
* University degree preferably in a technology discipline (Engineering or Computer Science
* Good knowledge of technologies used in the financial services industry, including interfaces, messaging, development environments and data providers
* Experience dealing with users and/or clients from both a business and technical perspective
* Experience working in a Support role essential with proven client facing skills
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.