Systems Engineer-London £45,000 - £55,000
Global Datacentre business are looking for a talented Systems engineer with string SCCM, VMware and Windows skills to join the global Server Operations Centre Team. The role requires someone with good team ethic and ability to adapt as the business is growing rapidly.
Great business with career progression from day 1. Dress down environment and relaxed culture.
*Setup, manage, and maintain various Unix/Linux based IT servers (hardware, operating systems), Virtual servers, Storage sub-systems, Monitoring and Backup Infrastructure in all regions (AP, EU and US)
*Maintain IT inventory for the related systems/infrastructure (hardware, software and licenses)
*Resolve systems/servers issues
*Manage patch deployment tool (SCCM, Bigfix)
*Manage Global Monitoring application (ScienceLogic) tool and Backup management tool (Commvault, Avamar)
*To train and guide the Tier 1 system support team
*To develop/improve IT applications and systems
*To improve process and efficiency of the company functions
*To conduct proof-of-concept of new related IT technologies
*To monitor and managed tasks assigned to him/her for timely delivery of IT projects
*Responsible for day-to-day server operations, 24/7/365
*Operates and troubleshoots server/storage issues based on alerts and reported incidents
*Responsible for User provisioning and terminations
*Migration of code and changes across instances
*Responsible for maintaining 99.999% uptime SLA
*Supports PROD, UAT, DR testing, documentation and backups
Server/Storage Incident Response
*Responsible for day-to-day server/storage incident response, 24/7/365
*Investigates, researches and analyzes server/storage incidents as they are escalated or reported
*Uses established procedures for remediation of incidents, escalating as needed for additional guidance
*Responsible for maintaining 95% SLA for incident resolution
Server/Storage Security, Audit and Compliance
*Responsible for executing password policies for periodic password changes, maintaining audit history for new user on-boarding, terminating user access
*Helps internal and external auditors for periodic reviews
*Responsible for keep track of deployed server/storages for License compliance and auditing
Server/Storage Capacity Review
*Responsible for reporting to senior team members for server/storage capacity review requirements
*Conducts Initial server/storage analysis to define the scope of capacity review
Server/Storage Performance Optimization
*Initial level of performance analysis
*Runs through pre-defined process to identify performance bottleneck
*Tries to resolve the performance issues; if not resolved, escalates to next level
* Expertise skills in Windows server administration, VMware virtual environment, patch management tool (SCCM)
* Experience in Enterprise Backup software and concept
* Familiar with IT security practices
* Familiar with change management processes. ITIL is an advantage.
* Good problem management/solving skills.
* Good project management skills
* Good communication and motivation ability
* Enjoying learning and high capacity to learn, and be able to work under stress.
* Good knowledge of office productivity tools such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc).
* IT Degree or equivalent experience
* Experience in Unix operating system (RHEL), patch management tool (Bigfix)
* Experience in monitoring tool
* Security hardening knowledge
* IT Audit involvement and concept awareness
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.