We are working with a leading international service provider who are looking for an L3 Network Engineer to join their team in Wiltshire.
*Installation, configuration, deployment, maintenance and diagnostics of Network equipment and supporting cabling (copper & fibre) infrastructure, including all IP network devices i.e. routers, switches, cryptographic devices, Firewalls, VoIP and VTC services, and to coordinate rectification activities across multiple technical departments.
*Level 3 support for the LAN and WAN, in the following areas:
Projects, trials, exercise support where required;
Routine and Emergency Maintenance;
Capacity and Demand Management.
*Network support, advice and recommendations to design change (HLD/LLD and associated Junctions of Maintenance (JoM)), ensuring that all network changes have been captured or are being updated in the design documentation;
*Support to the customer towards its Continuous Service Improvement (CSI) initiatives; through undertaking mentorship and technical knowledge transfer to customer staff as appropriate, contributing and making suggestions at CSI workshops and producing technical and knowledge transfer documentation,
A request may be made to ask you to deploy to support the IT systems on military exercises with expenses covered.
Mandatory Skills Required:
Cisco Certified Network Associate
* Minimum of two years commercial networking experience.
* Strong, in depth knowledge of networking technologies, i.e. LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, routing, switching and subnet addressing.
* Strong in depth knowledge of networking hardware. Experience of network implementation work.
* Experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools
Desirable Skills Required:
* Previous experience of network design.
* ITIL Foundation or knowledge of ITIL processes.
* Understanding of network security.
* Virtualisation integration and network process
Competitive salary and benefits package on offer
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.